Official Rules For The
Flagstaff Local – my Actions Matter
1) Rewards Program Timing: Flagstaff Local Rewards Program begins at 09:00 (9:00 am) MST on November 21, 2019 and ends at 23:59 (11:59 pm) MST on May 31, 2020 (“the Rewards Program Period”.
2) Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Rewards Program is the City of Flagstaff, 211 W. Aspen, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. Please contact the Sponsor if you or your business would like to donate reward prizes to the Sponsor for use in the Flagstaff Local Rewards Program.
3) Eligibility: The Rewards Program is open to all people residing within the Flagstaff Unified School District (FUSD) boundary. Children may participate in the Rewards Program with permission of their parents or legal guardians. Proof of residency is only required if you are selected as a Winner and claim a reward prize.
4) How To Enter the Rewards Program: There is no purchase necessary to participate in the Rewards Program. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Rewards Program Period, you may access the Rewards Program by visiting https://www.flagstafflocal.com and following the on-screen entry form process to enter points into the Rewards Program. All eligible entries received during the entire Rewards Program Period must be received by 23:59 MST on May 31, 2020 to be eligible for the grand reward prize drawing.
Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Rewards Program is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
5) Random Drawing: Up to two reward prize winners (“Winners”) will be selected weekly beginning Wednesday, December 4, 2019 and continuing thereafter, in a random drawing. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Reward Program period. Reward prize will be awarded, and the Winner will be notified by e-mail.
6) Grand Reward prizes: Up to three grand reward prizes will be awarded. Not all people participating in the Rewards Program will be eligible for a grand reward prize. Drawings for grand reward prizes are limited to participants who have earned a minimum number of points:
· One grand reward prize winner will be randomly drawn from all participants with 100+ points
· One grand reward prize winner will be randomly drawn from all participants with 60+ points
· One grand reward prize winner will be randomly drawn from all participants with 30+ points
Grand reward prize winners must be at least 21-years-old. Three winners will be announced around June 6, 2020. Grand reward prize description will be communicated by March 31, 2020.
In order to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest, employees of the City of Flagstaff (the Sponsor) and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible for grand reward prizes.
To obtain the grand reward prize, you may be required to verify or confirm that your actions logged on flagstafflocal.com were completed.
7) How to Collect Your reward prize: reward prizes may be picked up at the Flagstaff Visitor Center, 1 East Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. All winners will be asked to show proof of eligibility. To claim any reward prize, you must provide full name, zip code, email address and date of birth – all your personal information except for your name is confidential. You must also show proof of residency within the FUSD boundary – this can be established by an Arizona driver’s license, school or NAU identification card, utility bill, lease, or other satisfactory evidence. When you receive an email notice that you are a winner, you must immediately respond and/or claim the reward prize within 10 business days or other period of time stated in the email, or else the reward prize will be forfeited.
8) Reward prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): In order to comply with Arizona state laws regulating raffles and drawings, any person 20 years-old or younger may only receive a reward prize valued up to $9.99. Any person 21-years or older, may be awarded a reward prize with value greater than $10. The grand reward prizes will have a minimum value of $250. A Winner is not entitled to transfer, substitute a reward prize. However, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the reward prize with one of comparable or greater value.
9) Expenses: If you win a reward prize, it is possible you may incur expenses related to claiming your reward prize, including, but not limited to, transportation to and from Flagstaff Visitor Center to pick up the reward prize. Other possible expenses, especially if your reward prize has any significant value, may include income taxes, fees, and/or insurance. All expenses are the Winner’s sole responsibility. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Reward prize with one of comparable or greater value.
10) General Rules: By participating in the Rewards Program you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and any specific conditions of the reward prize being awarded. One example of a condition would be a requirement that a gift certificate reward prize must be used within a specific time or else it will expire. Any Winner who does not timely claim his or her reward prize will forfeit the reward prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. If you accept the Reward prize, or allow your child to accept the Reward prize, you will be considered to have given consent to the Sponsor and its agencies to use the Winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Rewards Program materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Application or the Rewards Program or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries/friend entries in the Rewards Program or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Rewards Program. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the entry and proof of residing within the Flagstaff Local program’s boundaries. Proof of entering information via the process does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the Internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Rewards Program; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Rewards Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Rewards Program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Rewards Program, then the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel the Rewards Program and select the Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in the Rewards Program, the entrant agrees that the Sponsor, their respective reward prize donors, agents, representatives, retailers, and advertising and Rewards Program agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, members, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Reward prize or parts thereof, if applicable, or participation in the Rewards Program or in any related activity. By entering the Raffle, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. By entering the Rewards Program, you agree that: (1) Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Rewards Program, or any reward prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgements and awards will be limited to the actual fair market value of the reward prize and in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain any award for, and you hereby knowingly and expressly waive all rights to seek punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses not to exceed $100, and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (4) your remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and you irrevocably waive any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Some reward prizes may have restrictions as to liability.